Aria info tab

Post your ARIA Engine questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

mkuehlok2

Aria info tab

Postby mkuehlok2 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:54 am

I'm new here. I have a question about the Aria engine that I haven't been able to have answered on either the Northern Sounds web site or the Garritan Make Music site. I use Sonar X3 for composition with the Garritan instruments as a plug-in. I happened to notice the other day that when you have a track selected, if you click on the Aria plug-in Info tab, there is a heading that says "SFZ parsing details." If you right click on it, there are several SFZ level options. I was wondering what this is for? Also there is a blue button with the option to open something in a text editor. Again, what is this for? I haven't done anything with the settings because I have a tendency to get into deep water quick. But it piqued my curiosity, and no one at Northern Sounds or Make Music has been able to answer this yet.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Aria info tab

Postby davidv » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:04 am

mkuehlok2 wrote:I'm new here. I have a question about the Aria engine that I haven't been able to have answered on either the Northern Sounds web site or the Garritan Make Music site. I use Sonar X3 for composition with the Garritan instruments as a plug-in. I happened to notice the other day that when you have a track selected, if you click on the Aria plug-in Info tab, there is a heading that says "SFZ parsing details." If you right click on it, there are several SFZ level options. I was wondering what this is for? Also there is a blue button with the option to open something in a text editor. Again, what is this for? I haven't done anything with the settings because I have a tendency to get into deep water quick. But it piqued my curiosity, and no one at Northern Sounds or Make Music has been able to answer this yet.

This info tab will be shown when older version of Garritan Libraries are installed (always check for updates) or bare, imported SFZ files are used.
This is meant for sample libraries developers/hackers and should be disregarded if you just want to "Play"
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

mkuehlok2

Postby mkuehlok2 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:29 am

Thank you, David. I don't think I'll mess with anything; however, that raises another question. I have upgraded the Aria engine to the latest version, I believe (Aria player v. 1.620 and Aria Engine v. 1.670 for Win 64), but how do I know if the libraries are up to date?

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:21 pm

mkuehlok2 wrote:but how do I know if the libraries are up to date?

That's a bit more problematic as the older products were not made exactly the same way.
Most of the time the version would be in the XXX.bank.xml files from each of the Garritan product.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Return to “ARIA Engine”