ARIA engine not working in Multi mode

Post your ARIA Engine questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

RichR

ARIA engine not working in Multi mode

Postby RichR » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:48 am

I have had to reformat my hard drive and re-install all my software. Anyway, I am up and running but today as I worked on a piece of music that I wrote in Finale and sent the midi files to Sonar X3b, I find that the ARIA Multi does not add all the channels to my tracks as he had in the past. When I checked the ARIA player out, only the channels 1/2 are usable as the others are all grayed out and cannot be selected. This is a real pain. I have what I think is the latest ARIA player (v1.620) and the engine is ARIA Engine v1.801 (win x64).

My computer is running in 64 bit with an Intel i7 processor and 12 gigs of ram. I am not a happy camper and have no idea what is wrong. I really don't remember having this problem ever before I re-installed everything and am wondering if I missed some of my installation files.

Can anyone give me some suggestions? I could really use some help on this problem.

Thanks,

Rich Rayer

davidv
Site Admin

Re: ARIA engine not working in Multi mode

Postby davidv » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:12 pm

RichR wrote:I have had to reformat my hard drive and re-install all my software. Anyway, I am up and running but today as I worked on a piece of music that I wrote in Finale and sent the midi files to Sonar X3b, I find that the ARIA Multi does not add all the channels to my tracks as he had in the past. When I checked the ARIA player out, only the channels 1/2 are usable as the others are all grayed out and cannot be selected. This is a real pain. I have what I think is the latest ARIA player (v1.620) and the engine is ARIA Engine v1.801 (win x64).

Sonar changed something and you require a ARIA VST wrapper update for that,
MakeMusic needs to ship that update.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

RichR

Postby RichR » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:29 pm

You said, "Sonar changed something and you require a ARIA VST wrapper update for that,
MakeMusic needs to ship that update."

I am not sure what you mean by ARIA VST wrapper but I will again check with MakeMusic and see what they say.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Rich Rayer

Credo

Postby Credo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:09 pm

I think the VST Wrapper is the ddl that you put into your DAW's VSTplugin folder.

Just an idea you might try until the multi version of Aria gets fixed for your DAW.

What if you set up individual sforzando instrument tracks instead of using Aria as a rack instrument?

You should get a different audio stream for each instance of sforzando where you can mix and/or apply DAW effect chains at this point.

As far as I can tell the Garritan libraries work fine in sforzando.

I'm guessing that Aria convulation and reverb effects would be disabled in sforzando? In my case I usually disable all of Aria's built in effects if I'm redirecting audio streams to different outputs since all of them would be 'dry signals' other than outputs 1 & 2 anyway...

You can find the sforzando player here: http://www.plogue.com/downloads/
Credo

RichR

Postby RichR » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks, I will check that out but this is frustrating with something that worked fine just a month ago before I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall. What should be so difficult about that! An install from the developer should work!

Thanks for giving me an idea anyway. It is appreciated.

Rich

Credo

Postby Credo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:59 pm

RichR wrote:Thanks, I will check that out but this is frustrating with something that worked fine just a month ago before I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall. What should be so difficult about that! An install from the developer should work!

Thanks for giving me an idea anyway. It is appreciated.

Rich

I do understand the frustration. I have similar fits with all sorts of software each time I have to change or upgrade something :(

It seems like Plogue has identified an issue with something that's been updated over at Cakewalk and has a fix, but maybe doesn't have the full rights to ship/release fixes for the rack version of Aria Player?

I guess Sonar folks needing the multi-ddl for ARia just need to keep an eye on this link for an update?
https://store.makemusic.com/Downloads/D ... 1410763888

In the meanwhile, it'll be interesting to know if sforzando set up as track instruments allows the multiple audio streams Sonar users might need?

Credo

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:45 am

RichR wrote: An install from the developer should work!

Sorry about that, we didnt change anything, Sonar did.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

RichR

Postby RichR » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:59 am

It is not just Sonar. In stand alone mode the multi does not have 32 channels. The only developer in Stand alone mode would be Plogue, no?

RichR

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:00 am

You might want to check with X3c or later.

From
https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowle ... X3c-Update
[...]
Fixed compatibility issues with GARRITAN ARIA Player
[...]

From memory, you would need a newer version than 1.620 of Aria Player to work with
multiple outputs for X3/X3a/X3b and you need X3c or newer to work with 1.620 of Aria Player.

The standalone has always been stereo only.

RichR

Postby RichR » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Thanks, Seb

You hit the nail on the head. I thought when in installed Sonar X3 back on to my computer and ran the "Check Updates" utility that it would have been updated all the way to Sonar X3e. I was totally wrong. After checking my version, I realized that it was not update and learned that I had to install each update consecutively all the way to version X3e. Now that I did, it looks like all channels are now available to me on the ARIA multi Player.

Thanks for you help and patients! It is appreciated.
Now if I could just get my AKAI EWI USB to work. They tell me at AKAI that it worked only in Windows XP, but I know I was using it in Windows 7 before I redid my system. One more bug to try an figure out.

Again Thanks,
Rich Rayer

Return to “ARIA Engine”