adding "User" defined or "converted" instruments files the the drop down list

Post your ARIA Engine questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

willard_landreth

adding "User" defined or "converted" instruments files the the drop down list

Postby willard_landreth » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:34 pm

What is the procedure to add a new list of instruments such as "User defined" or "converted" to the drop down list when trying to add an instrument to an empty slot in aria player?

Thanks
Willard

davidv
Site Admin

Re: adding "User" defined or "converted" instruments files the the drop down list

Postby davidv » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:26 am

There are two folders for extra user files that you can choose.

The "User files path" is a folder you choose to put all your misc sfz files (usually user made), when ARIA Player/sforzando launches it will fill the instrument bemu with what it finds.

The "Converted files path" is only used for machine generated files made from conversion. Various ARIA based products offer various file converters, from the SF2, DLS and Acidized wav in sforzando to the MOD import in chipsounds.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

willard_landreth

Re: adding "User" defined or "converted" instruments files the the drop down list

Postby willard_landreth » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:00 pm

In my Aria folder I added a folder "User". I also added a User file folder to Converters_temp. Altho they are both currently empty. neither shows up when I open Aria player. It did automatically add "table Warp".

Another problem: I re-installed Aria after having issues with Win10 to Win7. It is asking to be re-installed again Error message says "Aria player needs to be reinstalled, it is missing important components.

Willard

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Hello

You need to use the interface to create/set the user/converted folder. Do not create one by yourself or in the ARIA directories, that will not work.
Also unless there are sfz files in the resulting folders, the menu will not show them afterwards.

As far as the installation issues. Make sure you close all instances of ARIA products, and reinstall the latest sforzando package.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Return to “ARIA Engine”