ARIA Player 1.872: Making my own bank.xml

Post your ARIA Engine questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

Credo

ARIA Player 1.872: Making my own bank.xml

Postby Credo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm experimenting with making my own banks in the new ARIA player so my custom patches show up in the menus, and so apps like Sibelius can call them up on demand.

I notice each bank has a unique ID. Are there any hard set rules on generating a BankID?
I.E. is it four digit numbers only, or can I just use something like this UUID Generator to come up with a unique bank?

If a long UUID is too much, what would be a safe convention for generating a BankID?

Thanks...

eric_telemaque

Re: ARIA Player 1.872: Making my own bank.xml

Postby eric_telemaque » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:48 am

Hi,

You don't need to make a bank.xml in order to have your patches in the loading menu.

All you need is to set your user files path.

Your patches will then appear in the instrument File menu under "User". Those can be called up and saved in your projects in any host.

Banks with product IDs are for publicly distributed libraries and are generated by Plogue only.
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Credo

Postby Credo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:00 pm

OK, so how do I tell Sibelius or Finale to ask ARIA to load something stored in this User directory?

I.E. To get Sibelius to load a Piano from GPO5 I entered this into a soundset.xml file that goes with Sibelius:

Code: Select all

<AriaPatch Instrument="Notation/05 Keyboards/Concert Pianos/n-Concert D Grand Piano" BankID="2013"/>

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:57 am

In Sibelius, you can make Manual Sound Sets by showing the ARIA Player interface, loading your User patch(es) and saving your configuration. This can be recalled from the Configuration drop-down in the 'Play' tab (Sibelius 7).

I'm not the greatest expert in notation software, so maybe someone else could chime in on a way to achieve a similar result in Finale?
Éric Patenaude,

Credo

Postby Credo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks for the tip but, I'm quite aware of manual sound sets. That's not what I'm trying to do.

I really need to take advantage of soundworld and score manager, with drum mapping, key switching, and the whole nine yards. Otherwise I'll need to spend another half a year making individual sfz files for every individual percussion piece, and sticking style/technique, etc...plus it would take dozens of instances to make it a 'plug and play' library....AND...would require that users try to manage dozens and dozens of 'score templates, and FXB type files throughout host and plugin upgrades and so forth. I'm not interested in having to rebuild 32 'manual plugin instances/score templates' one by one after a host or plugin upgrade.......when potential exists to keep it all in a single xml file.

Perhaps there is already a BankID reserved for the 'user' directory?

If it's not possible to call up things in the User directory by name, who should I contact about getting a dev kit and a bank ID?

At this time I do NOT intend to 'distribute' the projects I am working on other than deploying them on various machines in a small teaching lab, as I do NOT have explicit permission to 'distribute' ALL of the individual samples themselves; however, I might share some libraries at some point in the future that only contain my own samples (or with written permission to use samples made by others). I do want to LEARN how it works, for practical and personal use in my own class rooms.

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:37 pm

Credo wrote:
If it's not possible to call up things in the User directory by name, who should I contact about getting a dev kit and a bank ID?

At this time I do NOT intend to 'distribute' the projects I am working on other than deploying them on various machines in a small teaching lab, as I do NOT have explicit permission to 'distribute' ALL of the individual samples themselves; however, I might share some libraries at some point in the future that only contain my own samples (or with written permission to use samples made by others). I do want to LEARN how it works, for practical and personal use in my own class rooms.

Hit us up using the contact form here . We'll get back to you in no time.
Éric Patenaude,

Return to “ARIA Engine”