Automate Percision EQ via MIDI?

Post your ARIA Engine questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

Credo

Automate Percision EQ via MIDI?

Postby Credo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:02 am

Greetings,

I'm in the process of building some GPO5 soundsets for notation software and wondering if there is some way to automate the Precision EQ in ARIA. I'd like the section strings to start out a good deal brighter by default as new scores are loaded. The goal is to use CC119 to cut out most of the attack phase so we can get something cleaner and more realistic (particularly in fast passages where the bow and finger-vibrato would already be in motion). It's working pretty well, but now I just need to brighten it up a bit so it lays in mixes better and isn't so 'muddy'. I can do this manually via the EQ, but it'd be nice if I could make it plug and play settings. Yes, the 'tone' (CC74) setting is already maxed out.

If there's no way to automate the ARIA EQ, is there a way to set up some new EQ defaults in the sfz file itself?

eric_telemaque

Re: Automate Percision EQ via MIDI?

Postby eric_telemaque » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:48 am

Hi,

There's no easy way to do this as the GPO EQ parameters are not automatable.
If you can call up saved Ensembles with your notation software, that would be the simplest option.

If you really wanna mess with the sfz file, it's possible. **DISCLAIMER - ADVANCED USERS ONLY** copy the original someplace safe first :)

parameters range from 0 to 127

Param numbers:
Low EQ: 1200
mid freq: 1204
mid gain: 1201
Hi EQ: 1202

In the <control> section, to max out the High EQ by default, add:

Code: Select all

set_cc1202=127

BTW, Taking out some low mids or bass can sometimes help more than adding brightness in order to clean up the mud.

Have fun!
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Credo

Re: Automate Percision EQ via MIDI?

Postby Credo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:44 am

Many thanks!

This information should be perfect.

Return to “ARIA Engine”