German

General discussion about chipspeech

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

generic user

German

Postby generic user » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:34 am

Is there a possibility in getting some Voice to say a german 'r' you know, the 'rammstein-r' and other 'hard' expressions? Sorry mY englisch is in bad shape today.

fabi

Re: German

Postby fabi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 am

hi there. the german ch as in Kuchen can be achieved if you type [x] like that in the lyrics field. or if in the x sampa field, just type a lower case x. simple as that.

the ch as in Dichter is not so easily achieved. theoretically [C] should be it, but it sounds identical to [S] (german sch).
i don't speak any French, but I think their R is similar to the German R a bit. Somewhere in the manual of chipspeech there was a mention of being able to do the French R.

I'll look it up and get back to you.

fabi

Postby fabi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:49 am

Okay I looked it up in the manual. I tried

[RRRV] m StAIn and
[444V] m StAIn

[R] is supposed to be the French R, but it sounds pretty American/English to me.
And [4] is supposed to be the Japanese 'rolled-R' as far as I can tell, but it sounds also the same.

So it looks like the actual sounds are pretty hard to achieve, even if theoretically possible. Maybe someone else can chime in with more details.

At least the [x] works very well, IMO. :)

EDIT: it also greatly depends on which voice model you are using!

Hubert

Postby Hubert » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:45 am

Some voices only support English sounds (Mozer, Spencer AL2, Terminal 99, Lady Parsec). Usually I fake [R] using [D] or [v] on those ones (it also works for [l] which is very english-sounding).

Internally, missing sounds are remapped to the closest English sounds.

generic user

THX alot !

Postby generic user » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:59 pm

Thank you for your fast answers ! I will experiment a little on that pieces of advice, and read the manual :-) Great forum !

Return to “chipspeech General”