Pre-Sales Question

General discussion about chipspeech

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

northwood

Pre-Sales Question

Postby northwood » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:50 am

Bonjour, first let me say that I am delighted you are a Canadian company, some great music and technology originates from Quebec 8) (So did I a long time ago!)

I am quite interested in Chipspeech and from the website I did not get the impression this is pure synthesis... am I wrong? Is there any rompler aspect to this?

Perhaps you could post a how-to basic demo for us? Building a phrase from scratch, live performance, etc. This would help me decide whether to spend or not.

Thanks so much. The demo tunes were very cool. (You must know my wife loves crossword puzzles! :lol: )

Regards

Robin
Northwood Mediaworks
Ontario, Canada

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Pre-Sales Question

Postby davidv » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:08 pm

northwood wrote:Bonjour, first let me say that I am delighted you are a Canadian company, some great music and technology originates from Quebec 8) (So did I a long time ago!)

Merci!

northwood wrote:I am quite interested in Chipspeech and from the website I did not get the impression this is pure synthesis... am I wrong? Is there any rompler aspect to this?

No rompler aspect to this whatsoever.
Its either classic maths synthesis (Dee Klatt), emulating original chips and tweaking parameters of LPC10/LPC12 data (Terminal 99, Lady Parsec, Spencer AL2), or generated from resynthesis methods derived from previous analysis of original analog or digital recordings. (Bert Gotrax, Dandy 704 and Otto Mozer)

Once you actually try the demo, you will see. No sampler can do that.

northwood wrote:Perhaps you could post a how-to basic demo for us? Building a phrase from scratch, live performance, etc. This would help me decide whether to spend or not.

We really hoped to make character by character demos, or specific usage demos, but we lost time. Will will have video demos of everything in a few weeks (hopefully)
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

northwood

Re: Pre-Sales Question

Postby northwood » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Thank you David, I look forward to those. 8)

Return to “chipspeech General”