Window does not resize

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

wildroses45

Window does not resize

Postby wildroses45 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:21 pm

I downloaded the trial of chipspeech since I had heard very good things about it, but when I opened it up, I couldn't find the play button. After a minute, I had found that it was hidden at the bottom of the window. The problem is that the window extended past the taskbar, and I couldn't click it. I tried pressing enter and spacebar on the keyboard, and clicking in different places, but to no luck. Also, the window wouldn't resize or go fullscreen (maximize).
I would really like to use chipspeech but I really can't solve this problem. (I'm sorry if it's a stupid question.)

Note: I have attached a screenshot of the problem.
Attachments
j.png
j.png (341.09 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Window does not resize

Postby davidv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi

You have a computer that has a vertical resolution slightly below our typical target, sorry about that,
However, the bottom buttons are only useful if you want to 1) play a MIDI file 2)record audio from the standalone application,
this is not the most comon use for the product.
You would use this 'standalone' application combined with a MIDI Keyboard to play live and test.

The main way to use chipspeech is in a DAW/Sequencer like Fruity Loops, Ableton live, Renoise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXUu2ZcuiLU) as a plugin.

Cheers
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Hubert

Postby Hubert » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:55 pm

If you're just missing the few last pixels, there's an option in the task bar menu (right click the task bar, "click properties") called "Auto hide task bar" that can help. But like David said, chipspeech is really designed to be used as a VST/AU/AAX instrument plugin in a sequencer program using a MIDI keyboard.

wildroses45

Postby wildroses45 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Okay, thank you! I didn't realize that was the main function. I look forward to using chipspeech in my future music :D

Return to “chipspeech Bugs and Problems”