Dee Klatt Knocking Sound

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

dairko83

Dee Klatt Knocking Sound

Postby dairko83 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:36 am

I've been using a variation of the Dee Klatt setting Mr. Big with a few tweaks.

All of a sudden there is this strange knocking sound like a wooden block on every first key press when I stop the transport in Logic. It's extremely loud.

I have preliminary recordings where this sound did not exist and now it's happening every time. It's very annoying. I have tried changing attack settings but I can find no other settings that would change this sound. It also happens just before the MIDI event in the piano roll sequencer when recorded, like a few ms before the first syllable of a word. I can see the EQ spike when this knocking sounds occurs but when if i try to slice it out it ruins the tone of the voice as a lot of it is in the low mid range.

It's really ruining my stuff now.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Regards and thanks in advance

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: Dee Klatt Knocking Sound

Postby seb@plogue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:16 am

Could you send us a basic Logic project with that happening in a chipspeech instance? (along with the sample rate and buffer size you're using)

At first glance, from your description it seems that maybe there's a case or a set of parameter settings where things are not reset correctly on a transport stop but that might also be something else.

You might also want to try if this also happens with that specific modified preset in the standalone and if it does most likely we would only need the preset file and the sample rate + buffer size setting.

dairko83

Postby dairko83 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi Seb,

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate it a lot.

I have attached the offending file.

As you suggested I tried the preset in the standalone. i can't believe I didn't think of that before. You were right, the sound still appears.

I just can't figure it out. That sound never existed before. And as far as I know there have been no changes to the preset since. I even went through the old variations of the project and that sound has appeared where it never existed before. It happens on the first key press after loading the preset but never on a subsequent key press. As I mentioned before, it happens every first key press after the transport is stopped and started in Logic. It almost sounds like a sound that would play through non-licensed demo software.

The buffer size was 128 and sample rate 41000 in logic. Although I went through all the different buffer sizes and rates in Logic and also in the standalone and still the sound persists.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Regards,

Ciaran McGrath

P.s. I can't wait for Alys! :) Keep up your awesome work!
Attachments
Male Voice Rap.ariax
Dee Klatt Knocking Sound
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:06 pm

We are able to reproduce with your file and are looking into it.

dairko83

Postby dairko83 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks again.

I look forward to your reply. (Probably exposing my noobiness)

dairko83

Postby dairko83 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Seb,

I'm not sure if you know already but I was contacted by David Viens and he sent he a version of chip speech to try which completely solved the issue. :)

Thanks again for your time and patience and the great work you are doing.

Regards,

Ciaran McGrath

Peace

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:39 am

Glad the issue is solved!
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipspeech Bugs and Problems”