Disastrous
1%

Total votes: 70

davidv
Site Admin

Share-it experience poll

Postby davidv » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:25 am

As a company we are quite satisfied with Share-it as a mean to
interface with customers and to provide them with license keys.
The amount of administrative work it free us from greatly enhance our
productivity, and at the end, provides you with faster bug fixes and new features.

However it has come to our attention that one or two of you who have bought the key had problems with their services: delays, CC refusals and such, and then voiced their concerns to us in private (and we were glad they did).

So this is for the ones who didn't have the opportunity to tell us about their experience, because you didn't have time, or that it you've only suffered a minor inconvenient, and didn't feel it was bad enough to mention it to us.
Or that the experience was flawless as far as you are concerned. We don't want a biased poll. If you read this and you've bought a key, please answer the poll.

This poll is very important to us.
You can also rant/vent all you want about your experience.

The Plogue Team
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

ejectorset

Postby ejectorset » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:41 am

my experience with them was flawless.
even easier than using paypal.
the only negative is that I couldn't use my gmail, which I use for everything I need to save permenantly. of course, you can use a real email, then change it.

did people get refusals based on a legitimate reason? (ie. a decline, address mismatch, expiration date)

with how many different people share-it handles the online transactions for, I would think their system would be pretty flawless. The credit card clearinghouses I have used at work for different projects are all realtime. If a card declines for some reason, that decline code is actually coming from their bank or credit card company, not the clearing house for some arbitrary reason.

madmax

Postby madmax » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:49 am

very very good.
i have no paypal and no credit card. at share-it i can pay with money transfer . i have homebanking (internet) so some seconds after buying i got the key, very nice !!!!!
there is some software i have not bought because of the need of a credit card.

Hansje

Postby Hansje » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:29 am

I voted "OK", just because I can't remember anything going wrong.

ryansupak

Postby ryansupak » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:11 am

had no problems.

rs

dead fish

Postby dead fish » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:12 pm

had no problams that i can remember.....................
bz

conny

Postby conny » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:33 pm

No problems here at rhat time.
had some problems when changing email account since but it turned out OK.

So that's an OK vote.

// C
Live, Melodyne, Bidule, NI Complete

borg

Postby borg » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:05 pm

same as ejectorset... all fine, except a nono gmail account. but that's why i bought bidule now, too... :smile: i'll be moving soon and won't take my internet with me (so no provider account anymore).

davidf

Postby davidf » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:36 am

except the fact that they refused my email address because it was a Hotmail at that time , they were very efficient.

Robin

Postby Robin » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:32 pm

Hello.

I had no problems. However, I did think it was a little odd doing a bank transfer, as opposed to using my debit card, which is what I would prefer to do, when buying online.

That's just my paranoia and suspition about buying online, becuase it all went very smoothly, with no problems, and I would use the service again, without any worries.

Hope this helps.

Robin

John-Paul

Postby John-Paul » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:01 am

no problems whatsoever.

Very fast & the registration file was received within a minute of submitting my online payment. I do happen to have a Credit Card and Paypal though.

Sorry to see that others had troublesome experiences.
-John-Paul McCarthy

distolectric

Postby distolectric » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:54 am

no problems on my side too...
reg file came some days after the money was transfered...

greetz from austria

temiqui

Share-it: tighter security than fort knox.

Postby temiqui » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:02 am

I've had the same email address since 1995. If I'd had a "REAL" address from an ISP, I'd be on my 20th address by now. I don't understand the security concern with using a yahoo address. It's good enough for my bank, my phone company, paypal, etc, why isn't it good enough for share-it?? Paypal has already gone through all the trouble of verifying my identity, why make me re-invent the wheel to buy one piece of software?

You would think they were selling diamonds or private jets.

Thanks to you guys for helping me buy through paypal, when I was in a pinch and COULDN'T wait!

But I would have bought bidule 6 months earlier if not for share-it. When I see their name on a product, I just keep looking.

Isn't there a company who can offer this service and also accept paypal?? I'd venture a guess that EBAY is moving a good bit more merchandise than share-it, and they seem quite happy with paypal. It seems to me that paypal is a much more secure means of payment than giving out my credit card number.

Anybody want to explain why I'm wrong??

e

N6

Postby N6 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:25 am

My experience with purchasing Bidule through Share-it went very well. I have been a proud owner since Sept 05. I recently upgraded from 0.85 to 0.90 and it went flawlessly. I ran the installer, and it picked up my bin/license file without any issues. Thanks, overall it was a good experience.
https://github.com/n6/n6-bidule-groups
Loving Plumbutter 2, PlanB Model24, Modcan CV Rec, Maths v2, DPO, Brainseed, Doepfer A-143-4 & Plogue Bidule

LoQi

Postby LoQi » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:23 am

i posted cash , and everything went fine. apparently they were trying to send me the key for a couple of days but my in box was full......that was odd seeing as the email including the key was only about 6k ....and i had enough space for that - but its completely plausable....also , the company name i was registering bidule to was less than 6 characters long , and the guy at share-it made a good choice in how to ammend the name.

i dont know how much commission they get for the service , but they could have phoned me about the email problems/company name thing,

thats just a small gripe tho....seeing as you want us to tell you what our experience is with share-it is the only reason i mention it.

Return to “Bidule General”