Automated crossfade Triggered via OSC

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

warpedlout

Automated crossfade Triggered via OSC

Postby warpedlout » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi,

My first post so let me start off by apologizing. I'm sure this is a fairly easy maneuver in Bidule but for the life of me, I don't know where to start.

I want to crossfade 2 stereo audio feeds automatically. The cross fade will be triggered via OSC. I'm okay with the OSC part for the time being, and I see that there is a CrossFader building block with what appears to be a control input (Fade value [0,1] - but I'm having a hard time understanding how to control the crossfade.

As an experiment I set up the following:

Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 3.02.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 3.02.52 PM.png (162.71 KiB) Viewed 1219 times

One trigger triggers an envelope going 0 to 1. The other triggers an envelope going from 1 to 0. Problems so far: I need the crossfade to "remember" where it is. That's big picture. For now I can't even get the envelope to behave as expected. The trigger on the left side seems to behave normally: It fades from the left input to the right input and stops. The right trigger starts normally fading from the right to the left, but then It fades back again, as if it were a sine wave. (both envelopes were simple ramps)

Ideally, I'd like to click a button have it crossfade from source 1 to source 2 and stay there. Then if I hit the button again it crossfades back again and stays there. In the mean time, I'd also like to be able to determine the shape of the crossfade envelope, and the time it takes to perform the crossfade.

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Return to “Bidule General”