Getting external audio into Bidule

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

tmpc

Getting external audio into Bidule

Postby tmpc » Mon May 30, 2016 10:11 pm

This is partially a Bidule and Mac OS question, so here goes. I have a few Windows VSTs that I'd like to use on my Mac running Bidule. Ideally, I'd have a Windows to Mac VST wrapper that would allow me to do this, but none exists. There are a few ways to do this, but the schemes are rather complicated and half-baked. The one solution that is pretty straight forward is to use SM Pro Audio's VFX software.

I can easily load and play a Windows VST with VFX, but I need to route MIDI from Bidule to it, and audio to Bidule from it. I've used Soundflower in the past and it was horribly flaky. I then moved to Jack; it was much better, but it still complicated things. (It would crash or quit if things weren't turned on in the right order, for example.) When I got Bidule, all of that changed. I was able to get rid of Jack, as everything for a song was contained in one loadable file, and the routing in and out of the computer was completely handled by Bidule - pure heaven!

So, do any of you folks know of a way to make the connections to/from VFX without using Jack or any other flaky routing software?

Thanks,
Tom

Return to “Bidule General”