MIDI map values problem

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

amGOam

MIDI map values problem

Postby amGOam » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:50 am

Hi, I have a problem on midi mapping.

I have a VST with a tune control with values from -24.00 to +24.00. I mapped a knob of my midi device on that control.
The learning is ok but the VST moves only from 0 to 0.99.

how can i do to map the MIDI 0>127 to VST -24.00>+24.00 ??

VST:
IMEA Groovedrum VST
Controller:
XONE 2D or Reloop keypad

Thanks

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: MIDI map values problem

Postby seb@plogue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:50 am

VST parameters are between 0 and 1, in the VST SDK there is an extended parameter properties where you can set the min and max value and
some other things but it's has never caught on because hosts don't support it because plugins don't support it.

So either the plugin doesn't expect its parameter to be set from the outside or it's one of the only plugins I've ever seen supporting the extended parameter properties.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:01 am

I've just checked and GrooveDrum does not support extended parameter properties so the issue is that it doesn't scale incoming parameter set from the host to the range of the target parameter. Bidule can only set the parameter value between 0 and 1, if the parameter is actually between -24 and 24 then it's the plugin that has to do the work.

NTO

Postby NTO » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:07 am

I was curious, and DL'd their demo.
NOTED:
'Learn' in their app is only shown on the note menu. I did however link the vol and pan to my controller in my DAW, and they do function correctly.
The OP could try those to compare...

EDIT - FWIW:
I also contacted the vendor. Couple exchanges...
Vendor: Yes, there is a bug with the Tune control, you can try to set the control to -24 and MIDI from 0 -> 48!
Me: I set the user interface control to -24, but when I assert any midi control to it, it immediately goes to zero and modulates between there and 1, rather than the -24 to +24 achieved with the user interface control.
Vendor: I proposed this solution but I did not test it. Apparently, it does not work.

Return to “Bidule General”