Minimisation problem

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

stephenjw

Minimisation problem

Postby stephenjw » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Can anybody help? I usually minimise the main Bidule patchbay to save space, but I've done something I don't know what and now when I minimise, all the open bidule and group GUIs disappear too. Happens with all layouts. Restarting PB or even Windows hasn't cured it.

standalone Bidule
Windows 7 x64

dts350z

Re: Minimisation problem

Postby dts350z » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 am

Try the "floating frames" option.

Oddly for me its behavior was inconsistent in testing on windows 10. e.g. with floating frames unchecked, a comment bidule ui stayed open when minimizing the patch bay, but a mixer bidule ui didn't.

Seb?

Floating frames
On : Windows always stay on top of the patchbay
Off: Windows only appear on top of the patchbay when double-clicking on a bidule

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 am

Oddly for me its behavior was inconsistent in testing on windows 10. e.g. with floating frames unchecked, a comment bidule ui stayed open when minimizing the patch bay, but a mixer bidule ui didn't.

Did you switch the preference after opening the mixer GUI? The preference is applied when creating the window so changing it will only affect windows opened after.

stephenjw

Postby stephenjw » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 am

Tried floating frames - makes no difference whether ticked when GUIs are open or when closed.

Another new thing - When the main patchbay is in focus, it's behind all the other GUIs and I can't bring it to the front.

I'm sure I haven't touched any of the bachground settings.

stephenjw

Postby stephenjw » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Most of it seems to have sorted itself out - I ticked and unticked "floating frames" under as many conditions as I could think of and now, after some usage, all the bidules stay when I minimise the patchbay. I have 2 groups with GUIs, one stays and the other disappears. (Unfortunately that's my "window control" which controls the GUIs of bidules.)

It certainly would be nice to know what the rules are.

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

seb@plogue wrote:

Did you switch the preference after opening the mixer GUI? The preference is applied when creating the window so changing it will only affect windows opened after.

with floating frames ticked
Open PB (default layout)
Double click mixer and comment
minimize patch bay
everything minimized

Restore PB
close mixer and comment UI
untick floating frames
minimize patch bay
everything minimized

restore and close PB (without saving layout)
Open PB (default layout)
minimize patch bay
mixer AND comment still visible

So it would appear you have to close/reopen PB for the floating frames untick to take affect?

stephenjw

Postby stephenjw » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:52 am

Yeah that does seem to be the way to do it. Closing my layout (with frating floames unticked) and reopening seems to have brought everything back to normal.

If it happens again I shall try
1. tick FF, close layout
2. reopen layout, untick FF, close layout
3. reopen layout

Could be the basis of a good video game!

Thanks dts

Return to “Bidule General”