Control from external surface (bcr2000) for open plugin only (vst) and misc questions.

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

Steavy

Control from external surface (bcr2000) for open plugin only (vst) and misc questions.

Postby Steavy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Question 1

I tried to use the bcr2000 , but unfortunately when i link a parameter to a knob (on multiple copy of the same vst plugin), obviously all instance of the same plugin receive the same CC , and move accordly .

There's a way to send the same CC , for the same knob and move only the one with the GUI open?

Question 2

For the sorely purpose of keeping clean layouts , i use some empty groups (like show in the picture below) , do you know if it cause Cpu consuming ?

http://imgur.com/a/eNZYC

Question 3

There's a way to see , a single plugin Cpu usage?

Question 4 (no , it's not :) )

What an awesome piece of software , congratulation to the developers !!!

Thanks in Advance
Steavy

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: Control from external surface (bcr2000) for open plugin only (vst) and misc questions.

Postby seb@plogue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:45 am

There's a way to send the same CC , for the same knob and move only the one with the GUI open?

You could achieve that by setting up something where you have multiple CC To Params and a Switcher in front with
the active output controlled by using the Open UI parameter of the plugins and some logic BUT you won't be
able to get MIDI Feedback going on with that (which might be why you are using a bcr 2000).

For the sorely purpose of keeping clean layouts , i use some empty groups (like show in the picture below) , do you know if it cause Cpu consuming ?

Of course there is some extra cpu usage coming from using group but it's minimal.

There's a way to see , a single plugin Cpu usage?

No.

What an awesome piece of software , congratulation to the developers !!!

Thanks!

NTO

Re: Control from external surface (bcr2000) for open plugin only (vst) and misc questions.

Postby NTO » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:11 am

Seb, beat me to the concept :) and makes another point w/feedback.

I'm relative new user as well, and did this raw implementation :roll: , you could experiment from.
I just used my key/controller and tested w/notes...
2017-07-21_Bidule_ContRouteSlct.png
2017-07-21_Bidule_ContRouteSlct.png (58.21 KiB) Viewed 213 times

Note the inverse link to control the UI Opening
2017-07-21_Bidule_ContRouteSlctParms.png
2017-07-21_Bidule_ContRouteSlctParms.png (3.53 KiB) Viewed 211 times

21Jul_ContRouteSlct.bidule
(129.56 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:28 pm

Do these videos help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKGS3fB_pqo

I did them 7 years ago.

Return to “Bidule General”