Droning with Bidule at Mutek this Friday noon - 6

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

URM

Droning with Bidule at Mutek this Friday noon - 6

Postby URM » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 am

Not sure if this is appropriate to post here Seb so feel free to delete or move if not.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be in Montreal on Friday afternoon from noon to 6 doing a 6 hour drone and of course I'll be using Bidule for the entire drone. We've been doing these community DRONE:KLUB Gatherings for about a year now in Toronto where artists get together to talk tech, socialize and improvise on a drone for a few hours. Feel free to drop by Monument-National - Basement (Studio Hydro-Québec) to say hello or to join in on the drone. Roland will have a bunch of their new synths plugged in and ready to go if you if you don't want to bring gear.

Again Seb sorry if this isn't appropriate for here, but please drop by if you're near and have time. Would be great to meet you.

Anyway details below.

Jamie

Our friends at Roland have invited us to Montréal, as part of their presence at MUTEK 2017, to put on a series of 1/2 hour DRONE:KLUB sessions throughout the afternoon of August 25.

Well that was the original plan, but once we saw that Studio Hydro-Québec is going to be a very lovely space to drone, we knew we needed to fill that time and space with spaced out sounds and decided to do a solid 6 hour continuous everchanging drone instead.

Jamie Todd (dreamSTATE, URM, NOiNO + SADU) along with Lyle Crilly and Dustin Good (both sound artists working for Roland) will be leading the 6 hour drone throughout the afternoon, but everyone is welcome to plug in and drone.

Drop by if you're at MUTEK and bring your instrument & wires, or explore some of the very cool new Roland gear, to join the DRONE:KLUB communal drone:meld. Droners and Audience are all welcome for this community drone-immersion experience.

FRIDAY AUGUST 25th 2017 . The PiNG and Roland Canada
bring DRONE:KLUB:10 to MUTEK - @ Monument-National
Basement (Studio Hydro-Québec)
1182, Saint-Laurent Boulevard, Montréal, Québec, H2X 2S5
HiGH NOON to 6PM . FREE

http://www.mutek.org/en/montreal/2017/e ... on-electro
https://www.monumentnational.com/en/ren ... ro-quebec/

boonier

Re: Droning with Bidule at Mutek this Friday noon - 6

Postby boonier » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:58 am

Cool - good luck!

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:40 pm

I'll try to drop by if I can sleep a few more hours than last night and can leave the office early (unexpected crisis, too focused on/want to finish what I'm working on, etc).

URM

Postby URM » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Droning with Bidule on the train. Thanks for the good wishes, going to be fun. Be great if you can stop by Seb, but understand if you're unable. Didn't get much sleep myself last night - last minute drone prep.

Return to “Bidule General”