plg_key_215790.bin is NOT a StuffIt file!

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

davidv
Site Admin

plg_key_215790.bin is NOT a StuffIt file!

Postby davidv » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:26 am

Hello there

It seems a few OS X users encounter this problem when they receive their Bidule key email from Share-It.

I repeat the .bin file should not be uncompressed by StuffIt, but saved AS IS
using "Save As" in your email reader (like Apple Mail). Sending it to StuffIt will render it invalid for Bidule 0.700x.

If you use 0.8x however, we've changed it so that even if StuffIt has a go at the file, Bidule is STILL able to read it, just as long as the file name is still
"plg_key_215790.bin".

Sorry for the inconvenients
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

hyerstay

Postby hyerstay » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:38 pm

You can Option-Click any file link for a direct download without a popup menu.

jason
OSXAudio Admin

davidg

Postby davidg » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 am

hi, just a quick question - just purchased the licence (but not on the computer i use bidule on). Saved the .bin file to my usb memory - i take it i just need to copy it to my computer and then when i go to register bidule just select the file?

also, if you release say, 0.92 or whatever before one, if i then download that version, the code will still work, up until you get to v 1.0?

Thanks!

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:28 am

Yes to both questions. (and thanks for purchasing a license)

davidg

Postby davidg » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:29 am

awesome, thanks. well, it was running out tomorrow (i think?) so i figured better go for it now!

steamulus

Postby steamulus » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Hello,

I am on Mac OS X Leopard v10.5.x (Mac Intel) and after D/L'ing key file I ended up with a file named "plg_key_215790.bin.gz" (with extension [.gz]).

I have expanded it with "The Unarchiver" so I ended with "plg_key_215790.bin" without any additional extension.

Could you please confirm me if "The Unarchiver" (v1.6.1) is a good candidate for expanding that key file ?

Sorry for my so-so english...

Thanks

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:57 pm

You shouldn't have to do anything with the file simply save as from your email reader.

The file passed through The Unarchiver might still work fine, Bidule will tell you if it cannot read the file (i.e. the result from The Unarchiver).

steamulus

Postby steamulus » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:20 pm

So the [.gz] extension after [.bin] doesn't have any incidence on Bidule reading that keyfile ?

I remember one day some Support Tech guy from another software company suggested me to rename a file, in fact to erase an unwanted extension, and all was OK. It was related to my browser (Safari v3) that added some unwanted extension once file was D/L'ed... Could it be the case for Bidule's keyfile as there is a mention that it is [.bin] only ?

Thanks.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 pm

The file has to be named plg_key_215790.bin

As I said, you just need to launch Bidule to find out if what came out of The Unarchiver is good or not.

steamulus

Postby steamulus » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:28 pm

OK, will try it tomorrow and report back. (it's late now in France...)

Thanks very much.

steamulus

Postby steamulus » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay... I have successfully authorized Bidule but to be able to select the key file I had to rename it by erasing [.gz] - after the [.bin] extension - that was added automatically.

Could it be a bug related to Safari v3.1.2 browser running on a Mac Pro intel with Leopard v10.5.6 ?

So, at least no need of any other 3rd party utility (i.e, Unarchiver...).

Btw, could you please tell me is there any bigger User Guide to download somewhere apart from the Plogue Bidule Help ? Thanks.

Regards,
B.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:02 pm

steamulus wrote:Could it be a bug related to Safari v3.1.2 browser running on a Mac Pro intel with Leopard v10.5.6 ?

HUm we loose count of the possible variations of browsers/platforms at this point :)

steamulus wrote:Btw, could you please tell me is there any bigger User Guide to download somewhere apart from the Plogue Bidule Help ? Thanks.

Currently no, our help file is pretty outdated. Seb is updating it these days though so you should soon see an improvement.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Return to “Bidule General”