Plogue: Need more demos with Daisy? I made an English one.

Post your Alter/Ego questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

moveeverymountain

Plogue: Need more demos with Daisy? I made an English one.

Postby moveeverymountain » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Hey guys, I was just testing out Alter Ego and its AMAZING. Very very fun to use. I made a short little song in English. I wrote it and its all yours if you want to include it in your demo songs, I notice you only have a couple in English so here's another one if you like. If you do decide to use it, don't credit me or anything. Consider this song all yours as a thank you for your cool plugin. Thanks Plogue!

You can stream/download it from the link I've provided:

https://soundcloud.com/move-every-mount ... st/s-KjVv7

Move Every Mountain

eric_telemaque

Re: Plogue: Need more demos with Daisy? I made an English one.

Postby eric_telemaque » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:56 am

This thing is a hit!

We wouldn't mind if you made it public :wink:

Just a thought: the last word of the second line "know" leads into the first word of the third line "You", which would be just fine if there wasn't a few beats of silence between the two. But as it is, it sounds like "Knoy"...

The trick would be to put a period (or an '#' in X-Sampa) at the end of the 2nd line so that 'know' ends naturally.

If that's how you want it to sound, of course :)
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

moveeverymountain

Postby moveeverymountain » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm

eric_telemaque wrote:This thing is a hit!

We wouldn't mind if you made it public :wink:

Just a thought: the last word of the second line "know" leads into the first word of the third line "You", which would be just fine if there wasn't a few beats of silence between the two. But as it is, it sounds like "Knoy"...

The trick would be to put a period (or an '#' in X-Sampa) at the end of the 2nd line so that 'know' ends naturally.

If that's how you want it to sound, of course :)

Thanks! I didn't know about the period! I'll definitely be using that. Is there any workaround for words that end in -ch like "reach"? It sounds like "reesh" and I was wondering if there's any way to get a more definitive ch- as in CHocolate sound, but at the end of a word.

Thanks so much again, what a great instrument!

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:41 pm

moveeverymountain wrote:
Thanks! I didn't know about the period! I'll definitely be using that. Is there any workaround for words that end in -ch like "reach"? It sounds like "reesh" and I was wondering if there's any way to get a more definitive ch- as in CHocolate sound, but at the end of a word.

You can 'trick' Daisy into exaggerating certain sounds by modifying the lyrics in X-Sampa. The whole phoneme list is at the end of the manual.
For instance, you can try "reach", which is "r\itS" in X-Sampa and add another "T" sound: "r\iTtS". That may be what you're looking for in the context of your song.

Hope it helps!
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “Alter/Ego”