Looking for Bidule groups (bgrp) maintainer(s)

Post your groups/layouts here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

conny

Postby conny » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:57 pm

OK I see, i might as well be a tree with expanding branches.
Freesound has something like that, for "remixes" of samples.

Branches for groups could have attributes composed of user, branch and no #.

But maybe it's gettin a bit complicated..?

Meaning:
I Hansje uploaded a group "TheBrewery.bgrp" and I modifed it, creating a new branch... and later a new version of my version...

// C
Live, Melodyne, Bidule, NI Complete

Hansje

Postby Hansje » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:49 pm

conny wrote:Meaning:
I(f?) Hansje uploaded a group "TheBrewery.bgrp" and I modifed it, creating a new branch... and later a new version of my version...

// C

.....whereupon hansje could consider his original upload the superior version after all, and.... :?

conny

Postby conny » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:20 pm

I(f)? -
Yeah... you got the point :?

// C
Live, Melodyne, Bidule, NI Complete

Hansje

Postby Hansje » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:30 am

seb wrote:I'll add something in 0.9001 so that it can be done from the Group Manager window.

It's not yet there, is it?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:39 am

It's not yet there, is it?

No, but it's already coded so whenever the next 0.9001 test build will be, it will be there.

sondod

Postby sondod » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:33 pm

Whatever happened with this... still looking for a volunteer?

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Tue May 29, 2007 2:45 pm

Dead in the water, this one? :(
Such a nice idea... I would imagine some of these folks have concocted some amazing things in the last couple years. Too much to ask to even have the existing group manager functioning?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue May 29, 2007 2:54 pm

Dead in the water, this one?

The revamped group repository? having someone maintain a group repository?

Too much to ask to even have the existing group manager functioning?

What doesn't work? Connects and downloads fine here...

GregH

Postby GregH » Tue May 29, 2007 3:09 pm

It seems to bypass the proxy, so it may not do anything for some users. Can you make it use the proxy?
Greg Holmes
Dealer of AccuGroove, Acoustic Image, BassLab, Eminence, Muse Receptor, MIDIjet, Rayzoon, and more...
http://www.ghservices.com/
http://www.gregholmes.com/
Used gear for sale at http://www.ghservices.com/products/used/

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue May 29, 2007 3:30 pm

Can you make it use the proxy?

The proxy retrieval is currently disabled on Windows after a few occurrences of total freeze happening on trying to retrieve the proxy on some machines. The OS X code should be fine. However I think that there might be one extraneous call on startup which could be worked around so that the freeze only occurs just before accessing the net, I'll look into it.

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Tue May 29, 2007 4:38 pm

What doesn't work? Connects and downloads fine here...

Sorry-- it works fine. A nice tool for keeping my own groups organized.

I guess that's not what I meant by "dead in the water". What I mean is that every now and then I check online and it's the same 4 groups that have been there since the beginning (Rebuilder, Auto-Wah, Brams'). Maybe I just feel like there's a little pause in the excitement for this nice feature? Wasn't the intention of the groups manager feature to create an opportunity to submit groups to one depository (an archive?) with online access for everyone? And, yes, i guess part of it is the question of finding someone to manage the groups. Sondod asked about it last December. What's happening with this?

For example, I'm just now digging in with the buffers, accum, sample and hold, ideas about windowing. Just the other day i read the whole saga in the forums here from a couple years back when Trash and LeMatt were trying to build their loopers. I found Trash's looper group-- a really nice group that he worked his ass off to figure out. This group was buried in the forums, and i felt lucky the link is still active-- lots of dead links in the forums.

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Thu May 31, 2007 1:47 am

One thing I did miss-- the "groupmanager@plogue.com" address listed in the Group Manager section of the manual. :oops: Nice to know, although it seems everyone uses the forums.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu May 31, 2007 8:37 am

Wasn't the intention of the groups manager feature to create an opportunity to submit groups to one depository (an archive?) with online access for everyone?

Yes but we pretty much never get submissions, as for ourselves building groups to put there, our time is pretty much already (over)filled with support+bug fixing+jumping between several projects and sub-projects+administrative boring tasks...

What's happening with this?

No one volunteered (and in our current case we would probably also need to have it hosted elsewhere unless I figure out how to isolate access to tha specific part of the website) although I don't remember sondod's post (must have been the end of year tiredness...)

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 pm

Yes but we pretty much never get submissions

Dead in the water, as it were. I still think it's a good one.

our time is pretty much already (over)filled

Not surprised. Is it really just the three of you? Hope some of your projects are fun!

No one volunteered

Well, you see now that sondod inquired. Maybe a sub-sub-project could be to post another short description here to say what would be needed/desired from you guys at this point if you did wish to revive this nice idea.

All it takes is one group at a time, no? Seems that with a little nudge it could take care of itself. I have a number of groups i could submit, some are add-ons or hybrids of the built-in groups or others i got from the forums. (Tweaking other people's groups seemed in the spirit of the idea to begin with, no?) Personally, i have been a little shy because i know i have just been learning the deeper parts of the program. At this point I don't have too much amazing stuff like some of Hansje's or Conny's or like Bram's smexStretch, but i would be willing to put some up. I wonder what that hansje is up to over there these days...

Hope it doesn't die... :)

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:18 pm

http://www.plogue.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 4370#14370 :)

If there is anything i can do to help this cause along, let me know! Not sure what I'm volunteering for, but I am volunteering. :)

Return to “Bidule Layouts”