sondod wrote:Sounds like a go for me. So moving forward:
first off, thank you.
i think moving forward is most important. now to get clear on specifics.
* We need server space for testing. I'm perfectly willing to offer mine up if there's no other solution.
yours for your own convenience. you could use mine if you need. Plogue might offer you some, but i think it best to keep going without their help if possible-- like you said.
* Are we going to work from what MDK has or use that as a proof of concept and start from scratch. I'm more inclined to start from scratch as I have the AIR compiler from Flash and feel comfortable with the scope of the project working in Flash for the sake of time. To go into Fles requires more experimentation on my part and could increase the development time.
here's where at first i said, oh, i don't know-- mdk was so generous getting this thing going and i thought it a shame to let his hard work go. but like i said, moving forward is most important for me. so i choose to view mdk's hard work as an important first part of the process and let's move on.
- i think it is a good idea to be working in an environment you know. i think mdk was trying some new things-- good for him!-- but i would like things to be working and stable. waiting for new, more stable builds of Flex would seem to be counter-productive-- but once again, i may not know enough...
- you, sondod, appear to have the time and desire to work on this. very important!
- mdk's hard work will not go to waste. his concepts/infrastructure are sound, i think.
* I think once we decide on the platform there should be a few stages of development.
great. first priority for me is still getting the first batch together for the community. this probably involves most conceivable stages anyway.
- Develop a bgrp editor which will go in and edit all of the metadata for bgrps safely on your local machine.
offering this to users i think could be part 2 of the project. Part 1 could be developing this stage with the goal to focus on organizing the Plogue sponsored Remote Catalog and creating the global catalog. How do you view bidule's Group Manager feature in its present state being used?
- Develop a server library which stores the global catalog file and can add or remove bgrps.
Priority number one, i think. Here's where features such as keyword search, categories, etc. get developed, right?
These primary functions should be first. From them we could move on to:
- Develop a collaboration utility for sharing and communicating about the development of new bgrps.
i do think reaktor's user library is a good thing to think about. it appears well-organized, efficient and simple. thinking about our needs as bidule users, what would our Remote Catalog page look like? I personally could stand something much more bare bones. Should we ask Plogue for a "Community" or "Remote Catalog" page on their site? Or should we keep it more like the Group Manager feature already?
What say you all?
thank you, thank you, thank you....