Audio Files Playlist?

Post your groups/layouts here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

Mikhail Rebrov

Audio Files Playlist?

Postby Mikhail Rebrov » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:08 am

Hi all! Would be very appreciated for help - I am using Bidule as a multichannel audio files player with post-processing, and all works perfect, not counting the fact, that at this moment I have to load one file by another. So, does anybody know, is it possible to create kind of a playlist in Bidule, like it is in a standard audio player such iTunes? Can not figure out... It would be great if there is a solution! Thank you!

dts350z

Re: Audio Files Playlist?

Postby dts350z » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 am

You can use the VST version with players that support VSTs.

foobar2000
J River Media Center

are two that I know work.

If, by chance, you are doing stereo to surround with stuff from surroundbyus.com, I have a complete kit with layouts and instructions:

www.surroundbyus.com//sbu/download/Spec ... elease.zip

Also see here: http://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=276 for a non VST approaches, using multiple audio devices, and/or virtual/real audio cables

Mikhail Rebrov

Postby Mikhail Rebrov » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:19 am

Gigantic thanks for the advice! I have tried with foobar, it works! I am expanding 5.1 tracks to Ambisonic octagon through Bidule, to achieve more spaciousness and homogeneity, but surroundbyus is very interesting resource, and I definitely will try all stereo -> 5.1 approaches! Thank you again!

MichaWoi

Postby MichaWoi » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi, I am also trying to use the bidule VST plugin in Foobar, but I am not able to get any sound out of my amps.
I tried the whole spectrum of "bidules" but nothing works.

Can someone help me, by describing the way to get the signal from Foobar via Bidule VST to the soundcard-outputs?
A screenshot would be very helpful.

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Did you look at the instructions I posted a couple posts up the thread (The zip file)?

MichaWoi

Postby MichaWoi » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, but I don´t want to change stereo to surround.
I am building a three way crossover with bidule and the new fabulous Fabfilter proQ-2 to play wav files in stereo with a RME 9635 Soundcard and six symmetrical amps.
The sound is really amazing, but the handling with the simple player in bidule is boring.
Therefore I want to use Foobar instead, but I don´t know the way how it works.

(With the Audiovero Convolver it was no problem, because it produces an output called AcourateASIO, which appears in the output "folder" in Foobar. But now, I want to leave the total room correction, which takes too much of liveness out of the sound.)

One way could be a direction of the signal from Foobar to bidule and the other, to use the VSTplugin of bidule, but I don´t know, how to get the signal into and out from bidule or the VSTplugin.
As you said, there must be a way to use Foobar in bidule or bidule in Foobar with the VSTwrapper.

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:34 pm

The point was I already had written instructions for using Plogue as a VST in foobar. If you follow the instructions and just skip loading my stereo to surround layout you can put whatever layout in Plogue you want.

MichaWoi

Postby MichaWoi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:55 am

Ok, the installer does not work in my Windows 8.1 and I did not find any possibility to download spec 4.86. (The attachment in the forum post did not work.)
So I copied the dlls from the folder Spec 4.6 Zag 2.1 - Release into the VST folder of Bidule, but they stay red and after the reinit ist looses the conections and shows com.plogue.groups spec 4.1.1.
I tried the newest versions of bidule an 32 bit and 64bit.
I also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 and ReaPlugs VST FX Suite.

Do you have any idea, what do do?

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:53 am

Again you don't need spec for what you want to do. You want to:

1) install the foo_vst from the link in the instructions

2) Make sure you have the 32bit standalone version of PB installed and working

3) install the 32bit VST version of PB installed. You can test the vst version using the standalone version and use that to develop and test your crossover layout

4) In foobar2000, add "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components\VST plug-ins\PlogueBiduleVST_16.dll"
to the VST plug-ins dialog and click apply

5) Now go to the playback  DSP Manager dialog and make “Bidule VST 16” activeand click apply.

6) Now Click on the “Bidule VST 16” in the “Active DSP’s” window and click on “Configure selected

7) Inside Plogue Bidule VST, click on “File” and load your crossover layout and then click Apply in the DSP manager window.

8)Set up foobar2000 to play via a multichannel sound device connected to your biamp or triamped speakers (preferences 
Playback  Output.

That should do it.

After the intial setup, to make adjustments in your layout while playing audio, start playback first, then (in Foobar2000) go to
ViewDSPBidule VST 16. Plogue VST will open with your inside it.

MichaWoi

Postby MichaWoi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:30 pm

First of all many many thanks for your time and your patience.

The problem is not to get the biduleVST running. I used the VSTwrapper from George Yohng which is working with the other VSTs without problems.
Now, I changed to the foo.vst.dll, but the problem stays.
The Bidule layout in the right side of the pic in the attachment is working good with the player as input medium, but if I load this into the VST, nothing works anymore. Of courseI changed the input to Audio Duplex Device
(Of course they are not running at the same time, its only for the documentation.)

Do you see a fault in my layout and conception, or is it only impossible with my soundcard?
Somewhere I read about a foobar-output named budile_16.vst, but it does not appear in my list.
Attachments
bidule vst.PNG
bidule vst.PNG (172.88 KiB) Viewed 5295 times

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:41 pm

On the right, the dsp% is 0 which means that the host is not calling the processing of the VST.
It probably only calls processing when there's a file (in foobar) playing.

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:12 pm

This is why I wanted you to test your layout using PB as a host for the VST version of PB. You'll get the layout issues fixed before worrying about foobar.

For the VST version, you need to use the bidule pulgin as your input and output. In the layout on the right of your screen pic, you have it has the output, but not the input.

For testing with PB as a host, put the audio file player in the main layout (host) and the audio device goes there as well. IT should look like this:

......PB Host................... ....................inside PB vst .................. ....PB Host.................
audio file player --> PB VST (PB VST Plugin --> your stuff --> PB VST plugin) PB VST --> audio device.

Once that is working you can load the layout and PB VST into foobar.

RE which foobar VST wrapper to use, there are two that are reported to work, but in my testing only the one I linked worked with PB. I didn't go back and check if that is the one you are using or not.

MichaWoi

Postby MichaWoi » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 am

It works!! :-))

Even in my special audio-PC with the Windows Server 2012 system. But then I have to use the 32bit VSTplugin.

Many thanks again and have a nice weekend.
Michael

Return to “Bidule Layouts”