The Weasel

Post your groups/layouts here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

jersmi

The Weasel

Postby jersmi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:12 pm

A midi synth group.

This is a v.1 study of the Buchla Music Easel. The group has a few presets and a readme about the modulation routing to help. I started with mimicking the two-oscillator setup on the Easel, that part was easy (and effective). This is a work in progress, still chasing nonlinearity. Then there's the Easel's pulse sequencer (five pulse toggles, that's getting a lot from a little). Right now the weasel has its own sequencer ala Bidule. Of course one shouldn't underestimate the interface: Buchla LEM218 keyboard, but I don't have one....

The name of this group comes from my personal hero, the Easel Weasel. :-)
Attachments
weasel.bgrp
(598.15 KiB) Downloaded 274 times

jessej

Re: The Weasel

Postby jessej » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Wow! Thanks for this, great stuff!

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:24 am

Don Buchla
R.I.P.

Thanks -- here's a second version. First version has some slop, esp. the sequencer.... Instead of a huge gui I set up individual gui's for child groups. Also created an "exciter" self-generator setup, and some new presets, too.

As an aside, I like the end result, but setting up one big gui in Bidule is a huge pain, not to mention if I need to make any changes, (and I make so many changes along the way). Anyway, in version 2, opening/closing the main "weasel" gui window opens/closes all child gui windows.

I'll also throw in a spectral bin delay setup that I like using with this synth. Cheers.
Attachments
Spectral_Bin_Delay.bgrp
(71.2 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
weasel_v2.bgrp
(662.31 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

boonier

Postby boonier » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:16 am

Man how did I miss this?! I'll check this out later.

Building monolithic interfaces wouldn't be such a pain in the bonjangles if some of the ui improvements I've outlined were implemented.. Did you end up exporting and using the no gui option for presets?

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:22 pm

boonier wrote:Did you end up exporting and using the no gui option for presets?

Yep! Happy to learn about that little technique. Which ui suggestions are you referring to?

Speaking of managing big gui's / a bunch of windows on a favorite custom synth, I should also make a no gui rebuild of the Moog Sub Phatty emulation, a personal favorite. :-)
Last edited by jersmi on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

boonier

Postby boonier » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:45 am

I find that some of the bidules eg, Multi Variables it's easier to export all their values to the parent group and set to No GUi. Then you can use the parent group to manage the preset, but you can still use the Multi Variables gui itself. Actually this works for most of the bidules with their own guis.

These are the suggestions I made:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7817
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7816

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Ah, yes to both!

Return to “Bidule Layouts”