Midi round-robin group

Post your groups/layouts here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

reezekeys

Midi round-robin group

Postby reezekeys » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:55 pm

This group came from someone asking on a thread. I thought it was a good idea and enjoyed the programming challenge so here it is. It takes a single midi note and transposes it by half steps each time it's played. The version I posted in the original thread is very basic – this one has a GUI with a few options to make it a lot more flexible. There's a readme in the zip explaining things.
Attachments
Midi round-robin.zip
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

Craig163

Re: Midi round-robin group

Postby Craig163 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:40 pm

I've sent you a PM...
Attachments
Round Robin-for reezekeys.zip
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

Craig163

Midi round-robin group - Melody-Play for e-drummers

Postby Craig163 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:04 am

Ok, thanks to reezekeys and his new version and Bidule for making even Melody-Play for e-drummers possible:
This is ingenious! :wink: :D
(To give (non-)drummers an idea: check the melody-presets with a Roland flaggship e-drum module:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMF1WzR ... page#t=129 )

Imagine this (concerning my example and attached file, I use LoopMidi-Ports to connect Bidule and my drum-DAW):
You've got three drum pads for melody play. The first one is for melody A (consisting of 16 quarter notes) and it is sending note-number 36.
The second one is for melody B (also consisting of 16 quarter notes and it is slightly different from melody A) and it is sending note-number 38.
The third one (sending note number 84) is meant to stop any melody-play and to reset both round-robin cycles so that the next hit on the first or the second drum pad would trigger the first note of melody A or B again.

So you can use Bidule's Midi round-robin for programmed melodies triggered by always the same input note from any software synth, as well as Anti-Machine-Gunning for drum samples or whatever you like. I think this is really unique! Bidule ruelz! :D
Attachments
Melody-RRobin.zip
(13.12 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Return to “Bidule Layouts”