Built-in Output = System Output

Post your feature requests/wishlist here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

jersmi

Built-in Output = System Output

Postby jersmi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:47 am

So that when Built-in Output is the loaded audio device, it will update when a new device is selected from system list (stupid example: bluetooth speaker gets turned on/connects).

It would also be awesome if Bidule would update the list of available devices when a new device shows up in the system list. Right now Bidule has to quit/restart.

jersmi

Re: Built-in Output = System Output

Postby jersmi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:00 am

Or I guess, duh, add System Output to Bidule?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 pm

It would also be awesome if Bidule would update the list of available devices when a new device shows up in the system list. Right now Bidule has to quit/restart.

I do have that done but in a newer branch of portaudio than the one Bidule uses. That branch uses a different way to connect with CoreAudio. For our stuff this newer branch has pretty much only be used for output-only purposes, I'm afraid of what can of issues it could bring with the duplex I/O usage.

add System Output to Bidule?

You mean having whatever is the default output as an proxy device or something else?

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:00 pm

seb@plogue wrote:I do have that done but in a newer branch of portaudio than the one Bidule uses. That branch uses a different way to connect with CoreAudio. For our stuff this newer branch has pretty much only be used for output-only purposes, I'm afraid of what can of issues it could bring with the duplex I/O usage.

Having output only sounds good to me. (Though see below, I guess).

seb@plogue wrote:You mean having whatever is the default output as an proxy device or something else?

I mean like in Logic, where there's a (duplex) audio device menu item named System Settings, which will change to whatever gets selected in System Preferences > Sound. Though when the device changes, Logic stops playback and has a pop up that says "initializing coreaudio". Fair to expect the same in Bidule.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:55 am

Having output only sounds good to me. (Though see below, I guess).

I was not referring to the device removal/insertion code, but for the way the callbacks from the devices (eg. get audio from input, push audio to output) are done/handled.

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Ah, got it. Look forward to seeing it in action!

Return to “Bidule Feature Requests”