Question about snapshots

Post your feature requests/wishlist here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

AEK

Question about snapshots

Postby AEK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi,
Is it possible in Bidule to create a semblance of snapshots?
A simple example for what it's needed ... For example, there are 2 instruments - a keyboard VST synth (UVI Falcon) and a vocal. Every instrument has FX processing. Let's say that there are 3 plug-ins in each processing chain. The musicians do not have (!) screens, but there is only a MIDI controller such as Behringer X-touch mini. The task is simple - to be able to switch presets of the entire channel by pressing button - the VST preset of the instrument + the presets of the plug-ins entering the processing chain.
What ways of implementing such work in Bidule can be?

Andrey.

Last edited by AEK on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

NTO

Re: Question about snapshots

Postby NTO » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Sorry, if I don't get the nuance, but first impression:
Define the signal chains for each preset
Save those as presets in the Bidule elements (instrument/effect vst's),
In the Bidule project use an extractor (program change/control change/whatever receiving from the X touch) connected to a param mod, linked to the preset selectors of the signal chain devices.
Value lists could reduce number of preset def's...

AEK

Postby AEK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Thanks for the answer. For me, your method seems very tricky. Most likely, this is due to the fact that I do not know Bidule very well. I'm used to the fact that snapshot makes a snapshot of all the values of the plug-in parameters described in the snapshot list. At the same time, I can make any number of snapshots with different settings of controlled plug-ins.

Andrey.

NTO

Postby NTO » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:02 am

AEK wrote:Thanks for the answer. For me, your method seems very tricky.

Andrey,
No problem, Actually, in trying to do an example, I found the problem is how the VST/VSTi implement preset selection. Some don't provide external access, only through their own UI. Others provided something like increment/decrement, rather than simple selection. So my suggestion is very much case by case.
Sorry. Perhaps other more experienced users will provide some methods.

AEK

Postby AEK » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:38 am

NTO,
Of course, I appreciated your help and advice. It just seemed to me quite difficult for a user of my level. I really hope that there will be a simpler solution. And perhaps your way will be the only solution ....

Andrey.

Return to “Bidule Feature Requests”