Bidule SDK

Discussion about the Bidule SDK, post your questions, feature request and plugins here.

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

dts350z

Re: Bidule SDK

Postby dts350z » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

dadrumbo wrote:How can I access knob and vertical slider from the sdk? When is the time for an updated sdk (at least header)?

+1

sgardner

Postby sgardner » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:37 am

I am a registered owner and I'd like to get the SDK but seb is not accepting messages. Does anyone know who I might contact instead?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:33 am

I've disabled PM because they can't be backed up easily compared to any e-mail folder.

You can send an email to bidule.support _AT_ plogue _DOT_ com

Neil_J

Postby Neil_J » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:24 am

Hi,

I'm a hobbyist trying to create some very unique plugins for digital room correction and stereo-to-surround upmixing for a CarPC project. I was wondering how the Plogue Bidule SDK compares to, say, AudioUnits programming on Mac?. By that I mean, which would be the quickest path to getting a working plugin? I'm not a registered user so I can't currently obtain the Bidule SDK, but I've worked with AudioUnits recently. AU is trivial to create an effect, but seems to bog you down with extraneous stuff when trying to create parameters and UI stuff. How does the Bidule programming process compare?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 am

AU is trivial to create an effect, but seems to bog you down with extraneous stuff when trying to create parameters and UI stuff. How does the Bidule programming process compare?

There is nothing in the SDK about UI, the UI for your plugin is built from the list of parameters your plugin has.

Parameters are defined in by a simple struct, the plugin class has a method for parameter value changes notification,
there are methods to query the current parameter value, set the value and notify Bidule, enable/disable the parameter
for the UI and notify Bidule that the min and max of a parameter have changed.

Neil_J

Postby Neil_J » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:44 pm

seb@plogue wrote:
AU is trivial to create an effect, but seems to bog you down with extraneous stuff when trying to create parameters and UI stuff. How does the Bidule programming process compare?

There is nothing in the SDK about UI, the UI for your plugin is built from the list of parameters your plugin has.

Parameters are defined in by a simple struct, the plugin class has a method for parameter value changes notification,
there are methods to query the current parameter value, set the value and notify Bidule, enable/disable the parameter
for the UI and notify Bidule that the min and max of a parameter have changed.

That answers my question, thanks for the quick reply.

Breeze

Postby Breeze » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:12 pm

Is there an archive somewhere for the SDK like there is for groups? There are several projects in this forum with dead links to their sources.

Would be useful... Thanks.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:25 pm

You'd need to contact the authors, we do not have an archive of everything that was posted.

I don't think that would be an issue for us to host the files but I wouldn't do it without the authors permission.

Perk

Postby Perk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 pm

I'm sorry if I have simply overlooked this, but I have a question:

In order to get the Bidule SDK I need to write an e-mail to seb. So what is your e-mail adress seb@plogue?

I tried seb@plogue.com but I have received no answer so far. I just don't want to sit around here waiting not knowing if I got it right or not.
Otherwise, is there information that I'm supposed to provide that I may have overlooked?

EDIT: Everything is fine, I got an answer. Thanks.

Return to “Bidule SDK”